Mike Moore Construction is a recognized leader in health & safety having received the Canadian Construction Association’s “National Safety Award” twice, one of only three companies in all of Canada to achieve this.
We are the only CoR™ Certified contactor in Sault Ste. Marie and one of only a handful in Northern Ontario. Organizations that are CoR™ Certified have demonstrated that they are controlling hazards and risks on their work sites through the development of regulation surpassing standards, open and effective employee communications and training, as well as regular reviews. The certification recognizes achievement of the standard through a comprehensive third-party audit that includes a documentation review, employee interviews and workplace observations.
Our full time safety director manages our robust safety program and ensures all workers and subtrades on our jobsites are fully trained and following safe working procedures.
Highlights of our Safety Program:
- Mandatory Subtrade and supplier Mike Moore Construction safety indoctrination with hardhat sticker issued
- All Subtrade must be complete a Safety Performance Agreement before being authorized to mobilize a workforce to a Mike Moore Construction project
- Mandatory employee training in WHMIS, fall arrest, scaffold erection, Man lifts, Hilti and propane handling
- Monthly safety meeting with all senior management, safety reps and invited employees
- daily on site toolbox talks including minutes for all Subtrades and our employees
- Annual all-employee Safety Meetings
- Networking with other contractors, subcontractors and clients
- Superintendents conduct thorough weekly site safety inspections and monthly inspections are performed by Certified Safety Representatives.
- Periodical site Safety Audits are conducted by Safety Director and upper Management
- Open communications with MOL Inspectors
- Mandatorysite specific safety orientations for parties involved in day to day site operations including but not limited to Subtrade and supplier project site safety orientations
- Joint Health & Safety Committees can be a daunting task for some companies, but not Mike Moore Construction with more than half of our field staff certified and experienced in JHSC participation